Authors Supporting Our Troops 2015 #ASOT2015
I stumbled across this wonderful program for authors to support our troops via Natacha Guyot’s blog. Authors, heads up! Support those who are defending freedom on behalf of us and our country. Armand, thank you for giving us authors a way of reaching out to our young men and women in the U.S. Military Services.
Hard to believe we are only three months away from the official kickoff to the second year of Authors Supporting Our Troops. I figured now would be a good time to get everyone up to speed and explain the program again so I don’t have to spend so much time this year telling helpful people what we do and do not need to make this another successful year.
First off, we never really stopped collecting author-signed books, we just haven’t posted too much about it once the official end date of May 15th came and went. We collected 2,500 books from authors and publishers in the four months we promoted it. I think that is awesome.
Since then we’ve managed about 75 more books and sent out another shipment overseas to a soldier. the goal for 2015 is to break 3,000 books collected and shipped. We can only do that…
View original post 1,064 more words
About jsherwin2013Jennie has a bachelor’s degree in English and a master’s degree in counseling. She is the author of Intentional Healing: One Woman’s Path to Higher Consciousness and Freedom from Environmental and Other Chronic Illnesses and is a contributing writer to Conscious Life News. She has been a teacher of English on the junior high school and senior high school levels, as well as a writer and editor in the field of public health. She has mentored writers and editors. She is certified in Reiki I and II and has studied energy therapies at A Healing Place in Richardson, Texas, working under the direction of Deborah Singleton and her healing team. Jennie also acknowledges the guidance of Christine Gregg, Australian spirit reader and healer, and Maya Page, intuitive healer, Reiki Master, and VortexHealing® practitioner, now retired. Jennie lives in Baltimore, Maryland, with her husband, Roger, a retired physician and epidemiologist. They provide editorial services to university researchers in the fields of medicine and public health. Her son, Colin, lives and works in New York City with his wife, Colleen.
- The New Anti-feminists: Have They Talked to Their Mothers or Grandmothers?
- Review of The World’s Emergency Room by Michael VanRooyen
- Rave Reviews Book Club’s Spotlight Author Sherilyn Powers
- Paying It Forward to Jan Sikes, RRBC Author
- Let’s Welcome Janelle Jalbert, RRBC’s Spotlight Author
- Rave Reviews Book Club’s Spotlight Author Jan Hawke
- Kathryn C. Treat: Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Author, and Loving Friend. RIP
- An Interview with Natacha Guyot, Author of Clairvoyance Chronicles
- Paying It Forward to John Howell, Author and RRBC Member
- Spotlight Author Christa Nardi and the Cold Creek Mysteries Series