Welcome Leisl Kaberry
Kathryn Treat, a dear friend and fellow Rave Reviews Book Club member, featured this guest post by Leisl Kaberry on her book blog. Leisl’s tips for writers are so good I had to pass them on. Seasoned writers as well as novice writers can profit from these tips.
Sit back and have a cup of tea with me while we learn what Leisl Kaberry has to say about editing. Leisl is a friend of mine and fellow Rave Reviews Book Club member. Leisl is also the author of Titanian Chronicles: Journey of Destiny.
The Dreaded Edit – A Terrible Chore or The Sculpting of a Masterpiece?
So you’ve finished the first draft of your manuscript and it’s time for editing to begin… do you run and hide under your covers hoping the elves will visit during the night and fix the errors? Do you send it on to someone else and let them deal with it? Or do you stare it in the face and refuse to let it beat you?
I don’t think editing is anyone’s favourite part of the writing process but it doesn’t have to feel like a terrible chore either.
I tend to believe…
View original post 1,231 more words
About jsherwin2013Jennie has a bachelor’s degree in English and a master’s degree in counseling. She is the author of Intentional Healing: One Woman’s Path to Higher Consciousness and Freedom from Environmental and Other Chronic Illnesses and is a contributing writer to Conscious Life News. She has been a teacher of English on the junior high school and senior high school levels, as well as a writer and editor in the field of public health. She has mentored writers and editors. She is certified in Reiki I and II and has studied energy therapies at A Healing Place in Richardson, Texas, working under the direction of Deborah Singleton and her healing team. Jennie also acknowledges the guidance of Christine Gregg, Australian spirit reader and healer, and Maya Page, intuitive healer, Reiki Master, and VortexHealing® practitioner, now retired. Jennie lives in Baltimore, Maryland, with her husband, Roger, a retired physician and epidemiologist. They provide editorial services to university researchers in the fields of medicine and public health. Her son, Colin, lives and works in New York City with his wife, Colleen.
- The New Anti-feminists: Have They Talked to Their Mothers or Grandmothers?
- Review of The World’s Emergency Room by Michael VanRooyen
- Rave Reviews Book Club’s Spotlight Author Sherilyn Powers
- Paying It Forward to Jan Sikes, RRBC Author
- Let’s Welcome Janelle Jalbert, RRBC’s Spotlight Author
- Rave Reviews Book Club’s Spotlight Author Jan Hawke
- Kathryn C. Treat: Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Author, and Loving Friend. RIP
- An Interview with Natacha Guyot, Author of Clairvoyance Chronicles
- Paying It Forward to John Howell, Author and RRBC Member
- Spotlight Author Christa Nardi and the Cold Creek Mysteries Series