I’ve Been Honored with a Liebster Award for Blogging!
Wow! My wordpress blog debuted on January 19, 2014, and I’ve just been nominated for a Liebster Award by Meglena Ivanova. Many thanks to Meglena for this honor!
You must link back to the person who nominated you.
Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
Here are my questions from Meglena:
1. What is your biggest goal in life? My goals have changed as I moved from childhood into young adulthood, then adulthood, and now my senior years. I suppose they were all achievement oriented in the beginning. With maturity and a spiritual awakening, they’ve become more process oriented. So if I were to choose one process-oriented goal, it would be this: to interact with everyone I meet through my heart.
3. Would you rather follow your heart or your head? No contest: my heart every time.
4. If you are allowed to do just one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Write, write, write!
5. What do you think of this expression: Where there was fire, ashes remain? If one thinks of fire as purification, what remains is the purest essence of what was. It reminds me, of course, of the phoenix that rises from its ashes, the process of birth and rebirth—much like reincarnation of the soul that returns to complete lessons not fully learned in previous lifetimes or the spring summer fall winter cycle of nature.
6. What’s the best gift you’ve ever given and what’s the best gift you’ve ever received? The best gift I’ve ever given was to an organization for research in women’s health. I set up a template for writing a grant proposal. Not only did that approach win the research money that first year, but every year thereafter. The best gift I’ve ever received was when my son was born. I had been trying to have a baby for several years. After miscarriages and several interventions, a healthy child was born, for which I shall be forever grateful.
7. What ability or skill do you most wish you had (that you don’t have already)? I do not have a quantitative bone in my body. I would love to understand mathematical and statistical concepts.
8. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? Straight to Italy, touring north to south and west to east, tasting all of the regional specialties.
9. What would you do without electricity for 3 days? Isn’t that what some residents of NYC had to cope with after Hurricane Sandy? A younger person might answer this question in a different way. As seniors, my husband and I would have to consider a number of safety issues related to leaving and returning home, since we live in a fourth-floor condominium. Since we exercise regularly, access would be manageable. Food during the three-day period would take resourcefulness, but I’m sure we’d work things out. Work would be difficult, especially if I were working on something with a deadline. For entertainment, I’d do what I love to do when I’m not writing, that is, read. I’m never bored with good reading material around.
10. What is your favorite book/author? Hands down, it is Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I’ve re-read it every year since it was first recommended to me.
11. What’s the biggest problem facing the world right now and if you alone could solve it, how would you do it? Lack of regulation of the manufacture of chemicals is one of the biggest environmental issues the planet faces. Solving this problem would take the combined forces of researchers and governments in every nation. If, therefore, I ruled the world, I would mandate that every chemical be tested for environmental safety, that is, safe for the air we breathe, the water we drink, the animals and fish we depend on for sustenance, the fields we plant, the food we grow.
I nominate the following bloggers for a Liebster Award:
3. Joe Abbate
6. Nonnie Jules
7. Stella Wynne
8. JV Carr
Congratulations to all my honorees. I selected you because your blogs inspire me in many ways. Don’t stop writing about what matters to you most. You have an avid follower in me.
To claim your award, please follow the rules above. Here are your 11 questions:
1. Who are your role models in your professional life?
2. Who are the people who have inspired you in your personal life?
3. Choose one thing in your life for which you are immensely grateful.
4. Give one example each of how you make the chemical, emotional, mental, and physical environments in your home safer for you and those you love.
5. Choose one person in your life to whom you can tell almost anything without fear of judgment.
6. If you could choose another profession, other than the one you are in, which would you choose?
7. How would you like to be remembered?
8. What do you do for recreation?
9. What is your favorite family game, i.e., something you play or played with your children?
10. Who is your favorite poet?
11. Is there a song you like to sing?
That’s it, everyone. Have fun claiming your award.
Thank you, again, Meglena for nominating me for the Liebster Award.